Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 16 - Tribal Print

No Bundle Monster plates were harmed in the making of this manicure, but they were put to good use. I was nervous about doing free hand tribal print for the challenge, so I decided that my Bundle Monster plates would be perfect. I used partial designs from plates BM-202, BM-204, and BM-213.

For the base color I used Cosmetic Arts nail lacquer. Since it does not have a name on it, I'm guessing it is either Pink Rush or Pink Lust from the Neon Collection. Trust me when I say this color really is neon and bright. My camera freaked out and made it look red which is why I didn't bother posting swatches. They are not color accurate at all. When I figure out how to take proper photos of this color, I will post swatches.

I love the result, now I just need to find a faster way to do this :)




My inspiration for the manicure was a tribal print dress worn by Blake Lively. I'm not a big fan of yellow, so I did not have an exact color match to her dress in my collection. I chose to switch the base color entirely to a neon pink and I'm really happy with the result. I think for me that made the manicure more wearable, but if I ever get a yellow that shade, I will have to try this again :)


I'd love to know what you think!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

18 comments:

  1. What a great way to do tribal! And i remember that inspiration dress too! Truly stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of a fair isle sweater. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love it! Blake Lively is so gorgeous! I am in love with her dress. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This manicures is SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ну ты мастерица! Я налюбоваться не могу!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is amazing! Your stamping is perfect! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful way to combine the prints! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone! It just takes a lot of patience, but can be done :)

    @Antallex, spasibo bol'shoe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh you're so clever :D Such a cute mani. Love Blake's dress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I love that dress too, although would never be able to pull of wearing one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love how you combined these stamps! What an effective look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go your:
    a. stamp combination and
    b. stamping skills.

    :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...