Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon!

My bf's mom made this adorable little dragon that she gave us to welcome the Year of the Dragon. It is the cutest little thing and I instantly wanted to match a manicure it. Sadly, my computer decided to be stubborn and I couldn't get this posted yesterday for the 1st day of the year. My bf spent the day reinstalling the whole system and all the programs, but now I'm back to show you this cute little guy...


For the manicure I used Sinful Colors Unicorn which was just a touch darker than the little guy, but the closet color I have. Then, I and added a little ruffle design to the side of the nail using Sparitual Delight, to match the dragon's ruffle "spine". It is such a sweet color combination. Makes me think of spring :)




Just a few shots of Sinful Colors Unicorn on it's own. I've swatched it before, but let's just say I shudder when I look at those photos... so I a fresh set of swatches was in order. Unicorn is a pastel yellow cream. It is one of the only yellows that I can really wear. It took three coats to even out the color and get full coverage. The only problem with this polish is that it stains the nails yellow, but I learned that lesson last time so I had a nice base coat underneath and it seemed to help. This is three coats with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: Main Line
Color Name/Number: Unicorn, 953
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

And for a bonus photo, here is the little one with his matching polishes....



Thanks for looking and Happy Year of the Dragon!
Anutka :)

18 comments:

  1. Looks so delicate and pretty! :D
    I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little dragon and lovely manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Dragon is so cute and your nails look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination and design! It definitely matches that adorable dragon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice colors, love your little dragon *.*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, that little dragon is so freaking adorable!!! :D You did a great job with the manicure! Happy Year of the Dragon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable dragon and matching manicure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This manicure is Really pretty and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dragon is really adorable!! Your nails look pretty, the colors match it very well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! And the manicure is lovely, I really like that shade of yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little dragon is so stinking cute!! And I love what you did with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome mani!!! And such a cute little dragon ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is super cute! so sweet of her! Happy new year!!!~ Alla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! I will have to show your comments to my bf's mom. Her little dragon is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, how cute is that dragon?! You matched the manicure very well to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! This is too cute for words! Your boyfriend's mom is very skilled but your manicure is absolutely huggable! Chic and soft!
    That last photo literally made me say "awwwww" lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Marta. I will have to tell her how many people liked her creation :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...