Friday, January 13, 2012

Ulta Blue For You

This is the final Ulta polish in my current collection and it is yet another blue. In the bottle it appears very similar to Love My Blackberry that I wore just a few days ago. Both are a blue purple that photograph blue. However, even those they looked similar in the bottle, Blue For You was actually blue on the nails, while Love My Blackberry was purple.

I added some free hand art using Sally Hansen Celeb city, a dense metallic silver glitter. I think I was aiming for flowers, but  got snowy pine cones instead. I like them regardless. Can never get enough of the blue with silver combo...

UPDATE: I finally located the tutorial from Tartofraises that inspired this manicure. You can find it here.




Blue For You is a dark navy blue with a blue shimmer. In the bottle it has a strong purple shimmer, which didn't translate on the nail at all. Application was decent, although I had a hard time getting it to wrap around the tips. This is two coats plus a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Professional
Color Name/Number: Blue For You
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I realize I have one too many dark navy blues in my collection. Note to self, stop buying them! :)
Is there a color you gravitate towards buying every time?


Thank for looking!
Anutka :)

14 comments:

  1. Blue and silver is my favorite combo, this blue you used it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blue base so pretty!!! I love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty!
    All of you ladies are sporting these deep rich navy blues lately! I totally need to get over my fear of blue and join the crowd! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love the art! I LOVE that combo of dark blue and silver, its so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So unique I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I love this color combo :)

    @Marta, definitely give it a try, you have nothing to loose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great combination, dark blue+silver/gold is one of my favourite ones! I'd love to know how you did the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good question... I finally found the video that inspired this. I went from memory when making this since I was not smart enough to bookmark it. I did pretty much the same except using silver polish instead of paint (and mine need lots of practice... :D)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X-TnQQLEpVQ

    I'll link it in the post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so cool! It looks like a flower & waves at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! Its so gorgeous. Great colors! <3
    ~Alla

    ReplyDelete
  11. And, apparently I buy lots of pinks and dark reds :P ~Alla

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Pauline, I couldn't quite decide what it was either. I was going for flower and ended up with pine cone... or waves :)

    @Alla, Thanks! And yes, you do buy lots of reds. You should come play with other colors and see what you like :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue and silver always look good together! This mani is so pretty. I keep staring at it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! I know you are a blue fan too. I'm loving all you swatches right now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...