Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ulta Casual Mauve

Leaving the fun and bright New Years flames behind is this back to work safe brown. For the manicure I started out with two coats of Ulta Casual Mauve. For a little sparkle, I sponged with Ulta After Party. To be completely honest this was mostly because it was still on my desk from last year's week's manicure. The red glitter in After Party completely disappeared against the brown and all that was visible was the silver. A bit disappointing, but now I know. Also, the sponging left my cuticles covered in glitter which was extremely frustrating to try to remove. Remind me to be more careful next time...




Below is Casual Mauve by itself. I don't see to much mauve in it, more of an earthy brown. The formula on this creme is great. No problems with application. I used two coats plus a top coat here....




I definitely liked this one more in person than I do on the photos. It is nice to try something different occasionally...

Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Salon Formula
Color Name/Number: Casual Mauve
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. Love this! I think the silver looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have been digging a sponges manicure as a palate cleanser lately!!!
    It is nice to take a break from stamping and sponge ;)
    I like both these colours and together they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. It was fun to sponge the glitter at the base of the nail rather than the tips. Just a little different...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be colour blind, because mauve is not the colour my eyes see here. I'd say it's chocolate brown.

    Mauve or brown, lovely combo all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me of chocolate, very work appropiate..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way this looks! And I'm loving reverse gradients too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @marox, I agree, no mauve in sight, but still a lovely color :)

    @Jossie, a nice milk chocolate for sure!

    @Simran, thank you! It is a pretty shade of brown..

    @Angie, it is fun to change it up sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...