Monday, January 9, 2012

Ulta Smoke Screen with Ludurana Relampago

I am loving the current flakie trend and I hope it sticks around for a while, although I have a feeling I will be a fan of it regardless if it is "in" or not. For this manicure I finally got into playing with the polishes from my Brazilian swap. I started out with two coats of Ulta Smoke Screen and then added two coats of Ludurana Relampago, which I got in the swap. According to my wonderful swap partner, Relampago means lightning. So pretty! Relampago is a dark gray jelly base with green, red and blue flakes. The flakies colorshift depending on the angle. I couldn't stop examining staring at them. Red shifts to orange and then yellow at the most extreme. Green shifts to blue. I wore this for three days and still did not want to take it off. These photos just don't do justice to the pretty flakes...




Swatch Details
Brand: Ludurana
Line: Flocado
Color Name/Number: Relampago
Number of coats: 1
Top Coat: Yes

The base of the manicure was Ulta Smoke Screen. It is smoky gray creme that is just perfection. Application and formula were great. Two coats for full opacity and coverage. It was not until I put it on that I realized this may be an exact dupe for Zoya's Kelly which is still one of my favorite polishes. That may have contributed to my reluctance to take it off. In the bottles Smoke Screen and Kelly look identical and I will compare them in a swatch at some point.




Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Salon Formula
Color Name/Number: Smoke Screen
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

What do you think of the new flakie trend? Love it? Hate it? Don't care either way?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm such a a sucker for these dark creamy grey/purple shades and with the flakies! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulta smoke screen is one of my very favorite colors. In fac I have it on right now with an accent finger with bar glitter on it. I have enjoyed looking rough your manicures
    Joycelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Polish AMOR, Thanks! :)

    @Marta, you and me both! I love these smoky colors!

    @joycelyn, that accent finger sounds really nice! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog :)

    @nicnacksnails, I think flakies look so pretty over dark colors...

    @Jade, thank you! they are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I don't usually like grey polish but this one is really pretty! I am loving the flakies with this and am loving the trend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the trend too! Need more flakies... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous. I love that the flakies still stand out in the gray base. I love the flakie trend. I don't see myself growing tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought they fit perfectly since the flakies base is a murky gray to begin with. I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...