Monday, August 5, 2013

Bold Gold Stamping...

If you follow me on instagram, then you may have already seen a sneak peak of this manicure. I'm not in the habit of giving sneak peaks, but I'm just a bit a lot hooked on instagram right now and it makes it so easy to share even when I don't have time to process all the photos or do a full write up. Now I'm not even sure why I resisted for so long. Sidetrack aside though, I got the most perfect stamping gold polish as an unexpected gift from a friend and I was so excited to try it out...


The base for this manicure is Ulta Devious which is a dark eggplant purple cream. I just love the combo of purple and gold. Actually gold with just about anything really appeals to me which is why I was so excited to finally have a gold that I could stamp with! This perfect gold is Maybelline Bold Gold from the Color Show Metallics line. I decided to test it out on a rather detailed pattern from DashicaBeautyShop plate SdP-O. I just love this pattern so much and the Bold Gold captured every detail....



For the accent nail, I used one generous coat of Shimmer Tracy. It is a gorgeous gold glitter mix that had me staring at my nail all day...



It is difficult to capture the full beauty of Tracy because while it might appear as just a gold mix, it is so much more. If you look closely, you can see reds and greens and blues and even holo in the mix. While different shaped gold is the primary component of this mix, in the sun the other colors sparkle and come to life...


Let me know what you think of this manicure!

Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

  1. Bold Gold really IS the best gold polish for stamping, I love it. I especially love what you did here. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I have that gold polish and have never tried stamping with it - guess I need to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern! Perfect stamping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Bold Gold is my favorite for stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely as always! I'm so happy to see you on IG. It's a whole new world over there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much ladies! The Bold Gold is the best I've tried so far for stamping! I just want to use it in every manicure now :)

    @Angie, I'm finding that out really quickly! I love how easy it is to interact with everyone! Why did I wait so long? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mani is just gorgeous, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and me both-I've done nothing but look at Instagram since I discovered it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!!! Very pretty, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much ladies! I'm so glad you like it :)

    @Fingers, it is a crazy new obsession. I can't believe the amount of time I can spend there and not blink :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...